Monday, December 16, 2013

Monday Motivation

I'm finding it a challenge to deal with all the nasty weather we've had.  My motivation seems to be lagging. The RW Run Streak is definitely getting me out the door on days I don't want to run.  It seems like it's been just one and done every day for the last week.  I'm okay with that.  Each mile counts.  Each mile is a victory.

I'm also reading another book on running.  I find motivation and inspiration in the experiences of others.  I need to remember this on snowy, ugly, gray wintry days:

"As humans, on a most basic level, we get hungry, we sleep, we yearn for love, we run.  Just watch small children left to play unsupervised.  They can't stop running.  It is part of what makes us human."

My weekend runs can be summed up in two words:  Cold and Wet
 

Today I have plans to meet a friend at the gym.  It will be nice to workout with a buddy.  And I may even enjoy tolerate running on a treadmill for a change.


No comments:

Post a Comment