Friday, December 6, 2013

Wintry Weather


Fridays are always interesting. Since I have to work third shift on Friday nights my day is usually somewhat broken up with naps and eating and running. Since we were under a weather alert I wanted to get my run done before the worst of it arrived. I had a really bad headache this morning so I wound up napping a bit before my run. 

When I went outside to head to the path my car was already iced over! 

I felt hardcore running in the sleet and freezing rain. It felt so good to have the cold air in my face and it was a wonderful cure for my headache. 
2.5 miles for RWRunStreak Day 9

Since I've eaten an entire box of Little Debbie's Snack Cakes I felt a healthier lunch was needed. So I went to one of my favorite hometown places and got a salad. 
The rolls were awesome too. 

I intended to do laundry and clean but I decided on sleeping early today. Good thing, because this weather has me stressed. 
I'm really hoping they get the roads cleared so I can make it to work safely. In the mean time, I'm gonna try and rest a bit more. I'll be getting up earlier than usual to scrape my car and I want to have plenty of extra time for the drive in. I don't mind running in this stuff, I'd just rather not have to drive in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment