Sunday, December 8, 2013

Napping Running and Rolling

This morning after I got home from work I quickly went to sleep. When my alarm went off an hour later, I really did not want to get up. Knowing I had lunch plans helped. I got up after 9am and managed to be showered, dressed and on the road in about 35 minutes!  So glad I made it. Enjoyed a nice meeting and lunch with friends. 
It was so nice to chat with others that are interested in running. 

After lunch I hurried home to change for my run but I wound up on the couch instead. 
I love napping to sports. When anything exciting happens the commentators excitement wakes me up and I can see the replay and still know what's going on. 

After an hour long nap (I set my alarm so I didn't snooze the day away) I finally went out for Day 11 of the RWRunStreak.
Since there was fresh snow on the ground I decided to bust out my Merrells. I've never run in them before so I wasn't sure how it would go. They kept my feet toasty and were great in the slick stuff, but when I was done I had shin splints. The thing is, I don't know if it was the shoes, the terrain or the fact that I've run 11 days in a row and my legs may just be tired. I imagine its a combination of it all. So after running to the mall, I went to Target and jumped on the bandwagon. 
I'm ready to roll! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment